ABOUT DIVERSITY AT MIZZOU
Mission and Vision
The University of Missouri will become a more inclusive, creative, and innovative research and learning environment that facilitates the competent functioning of students, faculty and staff in a diverse and competitive global society.
Chancellor's Diversity Initiative Mission
To integrate diversity and inclusion throughout the University by
- Providing leadership, expertise, and resources to the MU community to further MU’s strategic goals.
- Collaborating with others in the campus community to build the infrastructure and capacity for students, faculty and staff to work and learn in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Promoting the understanding that diversity is inclusive of a community of people of differing genders, racial-ethnic backgrounds, languages, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, disabilities, national and geographical origins, socio-economic class, veterans’ status, and political views; and
- Ensuring that diversity is reflected in the campus climate, curriculum, intellectual discourse, leadership, scholarly products, and recruitment and retention efforts.
College and School Diversity Statements
The following are statements by each college and school on how they address diversity enhancement and cultural awareness.
- College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR)
- College of Arts and Science
- Trulaske College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- Graduate School
- School of Health Professions
- College of Human Environmental Sciences
- Missouri School of Journalism
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Sinclair School of Nursing
- College of Veterinary Medicine