The Faculty Success Program is an intensive virtual bootcamp where academics work directly with a coach and small group of other faculty to implement the skills and strategies to maximize their success. Provided through the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity, the program is for advanced post-docs, tenure-track faculty and tenured faculty who are looking for coaching and peer support to propel their research productivity and work-life balance to new levels. The program includes:
- Weekly training modules where you learn the skills and strategies that increase productivity and promote work-life balance.
- 12 Small Group Support & Accountability Conference Calls that enable you to connect deeply with other academics and your faculty coach to receive individualized guidance, problem solving and support.
- Access to an exclusive Faculty Success Program online community to track productivity, interact with other participating academics, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, exchange ideas, find support and more.
- Access to private coaching with the program’s Master Coaches.
The goals of the Faculty Success Program are to increase:
- Success in publication and securing external funding for research
- Confidence as independent scholars
- Healthy relationships with departmental colleagues
- Job satisfaction and commitment to the University of Missouri System
- Individualized support for underrepresented faculty
Who Should Apply?
- Underrepresented faculty
- Tenure-track faculty who might need additional accountability and support to meet research goals before or in conjunction with the third-year review.
- Tenured associate professors, particularly women and underrepresented faculty, whose increased administration and service load is impacting their research.
The UM System Offices of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Academic Affairs are sponsoring 10 scholarships to the Faculty Success Program for the Spring 2020 session!
The 2019 scholarship application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16.