The University of Missouri System is a member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). Every semester, NCFDD puts on the Faculty Success Program, an intensive virtual boot camp where academics work directly with a coach and small group of other faculty to implement skills and strategies to maximize their success.
The UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion has opened applications for FSP scholarships for the Summer 2019 session. The application deadline is Tuesday, March 19.
The program is open to all tenured and tenure-track faculty. The Summer 2019 session lasts from May 19-Aug. 10.
The program is particularly beneficial for:
- Underrepresented faculty
- Tenure-track faculty who might need additional accountability and support to meet research goals before or in conjunction with the third-year review
- Tenured associate professors, particularly women and underrepresented faculty, whose increased administration and service load is impacting their research
The program includes:
- Weekly training modules where you learn the skills and strategies that increase productivity and promote work-life balance.
- Twelve small group support and accountability conference calls that enable you to connect deeply with other academics and your faculty coach to receive individualized guidance, problem solving and support.
- Access to an exclusive Faculty Success Program online community to track productivity, interact with other participating academics, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, exchange ideas, find support and more.
- Access to private coaching with the program’s master coaches.
If you know of someone who might be interested in the program, please share this information. Also, please encourage them to apply for the UM System scholarship.
The scholarship application deadline is Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
Please feel free to contact DEI with any questions or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.