$1,000 Honorarium (see requirements below) sponsored by the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity.
The Faculty Institute for Inclusive Teaching:
- Brings together faculty across campus to explore promising practices around diversity and inclusiveness in the classroom.
- Supports faculty in identifying course specific improvements.
- Establishes a cross-disciplinary network of faculty who may serve as resources for each other.
FIIT Workshop — 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, August 12, 2019: The Institute will take place over the 2019-20 academic year, beginning in the fall with a pre-semester workshop that will help educators think deeply about how to achieve inclusive and just learning communities with the use of case studies, self-awareness exercises, dialogue, and instructional skills. After the workshop, there will be opportunities throughout the year for faculty to reconnect and discuss progress made on their inclusive teaching goals, as well as any diversity-related challenges that have emerged.
Workshop Facilitator: Dr. Kristie A. Ford, Professor of Sociology and Director of the Center for Leadership, Teaching, and Learning (CLTL) at Skidmore College. Dr. Ford is The Founder of Skidmore’s Intergroup (IGR) Relations Program.
- Tenure-track or non-tenure-track faculty member.
- Must teach undergraduate courses or hold administrative or advising position in undergraduate studies.
- Within a month of completing the one-day workshop, submit an individual action plan outlining 1-3 short-term SMART goals and related materials, such as a syllabus or lecture plan you will develop or revise.
- At the end of the spring semester, write a report on how your participation in the Institute has impacted your teaching. Include outcome data related to your inclusive teaching goals, if available.
A committee of tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty with experience in diversity and inclusive pedagogy will select participants based on the proposals submitted. We seek faculty representing diverse disciplinary backgrounds and experiences. Participants who complete this program will receive a $1,000 honorarium after their reports are approved by the FIIT Advisory Council.Apply now