Our work touches every aspect of our campus life:
- Workplace accommodations promote Faculty and Staff productivity, retention and recruitment.
- Education increases awareness of disability is an essential component of diversity and Mizzou’s Inclusive Excellence Framework.
- Customized guidance on the ADA helps Mizzou maintain its commitment to accessibility.
- Increasing physical accessibility of campus facilities promotes belonging, usability, and independence for students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
- Ensuring digital accessibility provides equal opportunity and usability of our digital campus for people with disabilities.
- Event accessibility ensures equal access for people with disabilities on campus and in the Columbia community as a whole.
- Planning for the safety of people with disabilities is essential to emergency preparedness.
- Disability is an essential component of diversity, and the experiences and perspectives of people living with disabilities are inherently valuable.
- Inclusion is a verb. It’s something that you do.
- ADA Compliance is necessary, but not sufficient; ADA compliance alone does not always result in meaningful inclusion.
- True equality of opportunity is created by proactive planning, not reactive resolution.
- Promoting inclusion for persons with disabilities is a shared responsibility of every division, office, and person on campus – everyone can make a difference.