Reporting Accessibility Barriers

Disability is diversity photo taken on Lowry Mall with Memorial Union in the background

The Office of Accessibility and ADA appreciates your assistance in improving the accessibility of our campus by reporting accessibility barriers you encounter.

Examples of barriers include:

  • a broken elevator or automatic door
  • an inaccessible website
  • a damaged access ramp or curb cut
  • a video without captions
  • lack of access to an event or program

Report an accessibility barrier

If you have encountered a barrier to access that is weather related or involves maintenance in a university facility, please call the Campus Facilities Service Desk at 573-882-8211.

You may submit the above form anonymously. If so, you will not receive a confirmation of submission or subsequent follow-up information regarding efforts to address the barrier. If you choose to provide your name, we will confirm receipt of your report, route the information provided to the appropriate department based on the type of barrier selected, and send follow-up information to the email address you provide.

Submission of the form does not constitute a formal complaint, grievance, or request for academic or workplace accommodation. Its intent is only to assist in identifying and addressing barriers to access.

Grievance Process

Kathleen using the accessibility button on the door at the Student Center

MU is committed to providing equal opportunity to and addressing discrimination against people with disabilities, as outlined in the Collected Rules, Chapter 600.

People with a disability who believe their disability is not being accommodated, or who have experienced discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability, may file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX. Complaints about accessibility barriers and other ADA issues should be submitted to the Office of Accessibility and ADA.

A person with a disability may also file a complaint with the federal government through the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (for students), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (for employees), or the U.S. Department of Justice (for members of the public).