UPDATE BASED ON COVID-19
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the rapidly changing environment.
- Sessions scheduled in March will be delivered in person with a Zoom option
- Sessions scheduled in April will be delivered via Zoom
- Decisions on May sessions will be made on April 1 pending further decisions made by the Chancellor.
Join IDE’s Office of Inclusive Engagement for our Spring 2020 Communicating Across Differences Series. This series is designed to enhance the capacity of faculty, staff and students to engage in conversations about challenging, emotionally laden topics (i.e., race, discrimination, policy, politics, etc.). The skills learned in this series can be applied in the workplace, classroom, and interpersonal and community contexts. Participants are encouraged to bring real-life situations to the sessions to serve as practice and learning opportunities. This series will be offered this spring! Time: Tuesdays, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Session 1
- Feb. 4: Reframing Intercultural Competencies
- Feb. 18: Unpacking Cultural Humility
- March 3: Negotiating Differences through Intergroup Empathy
Pre-registration is required for all sessions. Participants must attend all sessions to earn a Certificate of Completion. We welcome requests for ADA accommodations. Please contact Alejandra Gudiño at GudinoA@missouri.edu to make arrangements. More information about our sessions.