Join IDE’s Office of Inclusive Engagement for our Fall 2019 Communicating Across Differences Series. This series is designed to enhance the capacity of faculty, staff and students to engage in conversations about challenging, emotionally laden topics (i.e., race, discrimination, policy, politics, etc.). The skills learned in this series can be applied in the workplace, classroom, and interpersonal and community contexts. Participants are encouraged to bring real-life situations to the sessions to serve as practice and learning opportunities. This series will be offered twice this fall!
Time: Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Session 1
- Aug. 27: Building Positive Working Relationships (Hill 314)
- Sept. 10: Conflict Resolution Strategies & Skills (Hill 305)
- Sep. 24 Cultivating Trust & Igniting Engagement (Hill 314)
- Session 2
- Nov. 5: Building Positive Working Relationships (Hill 305)
- Nov. 19: Conflict Resolution Strategies & Skills (Hill 314)
- Dec. 3: Cultivating Trust & Igniting Engagement (Hill 314)
Pre-registration is required for all sessions. Participants must attend all sessions to earn a Certificate of Completion.
We welcome requests for ADA accommodations. Please contact Alejandra Gudiño at GudinoA@missouri.edu to make arrangements.