STEM Cubs is a free K-5 S.T.E.M. Education program hosted jointly by the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, the College of Education & Human Development and the College of Engineering at the University of Missouri.
Get Involved TODAY!
Apply to be an instructor or volunteer at this year’s STEM Cubs camp.
As an instructor, you will be responsible for preparing two (2) 30-45 min lesson plans for K-5 students. Your proposed lesson plan, if accepted, will be refined to make sure it fits all national education standards and is engaging and fun for our young learners.
You will need to present each lesson plan twice (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) at our STEM Cubs camp. For your willingness to prepare the lesson plan and engage our young learners, you will receive a stipend of $200. If you decide to work with a co-instructor for the lessons, you will split the $200 stipend evenly.
Instructors must do the following:
- Draft two (2) 30-45 minutes lessons for a specified grade range by October 2nd;
- Attend a meeting with STEM Cubs coordinators and education professionals to polish your lesson on October 7th;
- Submit finalized item list by October 14th;
- Submit final versions of two age-appropriate STEM lessons of about 30-45 minutes each by October 14th;
- Complete Protection of Minors Program;
- and attend a full training and lesson run-through on October 21st.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022
Volunteers are the backbone of any STEM Cubs event. We need as many volunteers as possible to help with check-in, escorting our young learners to different activities, etc.
We are happy to provide documentation of your volunteer service hours to organizations/groups that require it. However, you need to make sure that STEM Cubs volunteer hours are approved with them prior to the event.
Volunteers must attend a training session on October 21st.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022