During the 2020-21 academic year, Vice Chancellor Maurice Gipson assessed the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity (IDE) through evaluations, stakeholder feedback and peer comparisons. As a result, he determined that IDE needed to realign some of its staff and resources, as well as create new positions.
RESTRUCTURING: A THREE-PHASED APPROACH
Phase 1: How do we appropriately staff and structure the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity so that we are maximizing engagement and resources?
Phase 2: How do we address and solve the most pressing issues affecting our campus?
Phase 3: How do we become the example for universities around the world?
- The new unit Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Initiatives has one position that reports to the Vice Chancellor and will be responsible for internal and external outreach and engagement.
- The Office of Access and Leadership Development (ALD) is currently undergoing realignment to include Missouri College Advising Corps (MCAC), the Mizzou Black Women’s Initiative (MBWI) and the Mizzou Black Men’s Initiative (MBMI).
- After completing the staffing realignment, the division will have the appropriate staff to better address and solve some of the most prevalent issues affecting campus.
- This process will include listening to stakeholder voices, enacting change and aiming towards positive progression.
- Becoming the premier institution for diversity best practices is not an easy task. IDE is committed to becoming an exemplar division within the diversity profession. To accomplish this, we must be innovative and deliberate in our solutions.
Additional information will be communicated via the IDE website. Vice Chancellor Maurice Gipson has an open-door policy. He welcomes feedback, discussion and insight at any point. Feel free to schedule time to see him by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling his office at 573-882-3394.
For more information and to read the biographies for our new divisional hires, please visit: www.diversity.missouri.edu/team.