Applying for Funding
The Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity has two types of allocations:
- Standard Allocations are fund requests through the application process only. Applicants should also seek financial support from academic units and other sources.
- The Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Allocation (VCDA) is intended for high-profile events and guests. All applicants must meet with the Vice Chancellor prior to requesting funds. Host academic units are expected to provide partial support. Visitors selected for the VCDA typically have received high recognition in their fields.
All events funded through IDE — including lectures, seminars, symposia, etc. — must be free and accessible to the general university community.
Priority will be given to events that:
- appeal to a wide-ranging public,
- address campus-wide priorities,
- show funding from and appeal to multiple departments or units, and
- have thoughtful budgets and marketing
After the Event
After the event has concluded, you are required to submit an event evaluation at the risk of forfeiture of funding.