Emerging Leaders Conference
The Office of Access & Leadership Development in collaboration with the Missouri Legislative Black Caucus, Inc, invites Missouri youth to participate in the annual Emerging Leaders Conference. This conference is divided into two parts — civic engagement and college access — and gives students an opportunity to build on their leadership skills.
The conference focuses on a range of activities:
- exploring community issues,
- discussing diverse perspectives,
- taking part in the legislative decision-making process,
- engaging the college-planning process and,
- experiencing post-secondary socialization and events on the MU campus.
Criteria for Participation
- Rising 10th, 11th, 12th grade student or recent high school graduate
- Missouri resident
- Charter bus transportation provided to/from the University of Missouri from two regions: Kansas City and St. Louis.
- Students in mid-Missouri area must have their own transportation to/from MU’s campus for the Summer 2022 conference.
Detailed information and logistics for transportation will be provided following acceptance to the program. Students should email emergingleadersIDE@missouri.edu with any questions.
Schedule – Summer 2022
- Thursday evening – Welcome, Keynote Presentation (virtual)
- Friday, full day – Campus Tour, Legislative Workshops/Sessions (MU campus)
- Saturday morning – College Planning/Preparation, Conference Recognition (virtual)
Applications – Closed for Summer 2022!
- Applications open Friday, April 15
- Acceptance notifications begin on Monday, May 2
- Release forms and instructions to pay $10 registration fee provided with acceptance notification.