The Office of Academic Access and Leadership Development enhances MU’s ability to engage and impact students from underrepresented and underserved populations throughout the various stages of the K-20 pipeline thereby positively affecting student access, development and educational and career outcomes.
K-12 engagement, outreach and access initiatives
Our K-12 engagement, outreach and access initiatives are designed to expose underrepresented and underserved students to various educational and academic opportunities, providing them with access and opportunities to encourage the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Emerging Leaders Conference
- High School Men and Women of Color, Honor and Ambition (MOCHA and WOCHA)
- MAC Scholars Summer Honors Academy
- Missouri College Advising Corps
- STEM Cubs
Undergraduate access, leadership and outreach initiatives
Our undergraduate pipeline initiatives are designed to help underrepresented and underserved students successfully complete their degrees by providing resources that support student success and retention, promote leadership development and career readiness opportunities, as well as expose participating students to graduate studies.
- Collegiate Men of Color, Honor and Ambition (MOCHA)
- Collegiate Women of Color, Honor and Ambition (WOCHA)
- Discover Program
- McNair Scholars
- Missouri Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (MOLSAMP)
- Mizzou Black Men’s Initiative (MBMI)
- Mizzou Black Women’s Initiative (MBWI)
- Student Success Coaching
Graduate student professional development programs
We provide underrepresented graduate students personal, academic, cultural, social, professional and leadership support with the goal of increasing faculty recruitment of underrepresented PhD students.