The Office of Inclusive Engagement (OIE) facilitates and supports the mission of the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity by providing program assessment, educational resources, and marketing and communication services to IDE’s functional areas. Additionally, as experts in their fields, our team members serve as consultants to the university community, University of Missouri System and local community.
We currently offer three funding initiatives to support the university:
- IDE Excellence Grant Initiative for Students
- IDE Excellence Grant Initiative for Employees
- Faculty Inclusive Excellence Fund (FIEF)
Learn more about how the first recipients of the Excellence Grant Initiative will use the funds.
The University of Missouri is committed to diversifying its faculty, and the most highly qualified candidates from underrepresented groups are in high demand, therefore, early preparation is essential. Use our newly developed Guide to Faculty Recruitment for help with this process.
Education & Development
The Office of Inclusive Engagement fosters inclusive excellence by facilitating engaging learning spaces that invite multiple perspectives and identities, which builds the competencies and skills of the Mizzou community. Learn more about our sessions.
- Communicating Across Differences Series
- Core Concepts Series
- Diverse Innovations Series
- Inclusion and Belonging Series
The Strategic Communications team develops our e-publications IDENTIFY for Mizzou and Tapestry for the UM System. They also manage the division’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. In addition, Strat Comm maintains the division’s website, plans events and serves as consultants to various campus groups.
- Inya Baiye, Executive Director for Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Initiatives
- Ryan Gavin, Strategic Communications Manager
- Alejandra Mariana Gudino, Inclusive Education Coordinator
- Caprice Leighton, Executive Assistant
- Astrid M. Villamil, Associate Director of Professional Development and Senior Learning and Development Coordinator
- Tara Warne-Griggs, Senior Diversity Assessment and Research Management Consultant