The Office of Inclusive Engagement (OIE) facilitates and supports the mission of the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity by providing program assessment, educational resources, and marketing and communication services to IDE’s functional areas. Additionally, as experts in their fields, our team members serve as consultants to the university community, University of Missouri System and local community.
OIE currently offers three funding initiatives to support the university:
- IDE Excellence Grant Initiative for Students
- IDE Excellence Grant Initiative for Employees
- Faculty Inclusive Excellence Fund (FIEF)
Education & Development
The Office of Inclusive Engagement fosters inclusive excellence by facilitating engaging learning spaces that invite multiple perspectives and identities, which builds the competencies and skills of the Mizzou community. Learn more about our sessions.
Current session have reached capacity and registration is closed. Please check back for future session dates!
The Strategic Communications team develops our e-publications IDENTIFY for Mizzou and Tapestry for the UM System. They also manage the division’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. In addition, Strat Comm maintains the division’s website, plans events and serves as consultants to various campus groups.
- Inya Baiye, Executive Director for Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Initiatives
- Ryan Gavin, Strategic Communications Manager
- Alejandra Mariana Gudino, Inclusive Education Coordinator
- Caprice Leighton, Executive Assistant
- Morgan McAboy-Young, Strategic Communications Manager
- Astrid M. Villamil, Associate Director of Professional Development and Senior Learning and Development Coordinator
- Tara Warne-Griggs, Senior Diversity Assessment and Research Management Consultant